5 Intention-setting Ideas for Embracing the Slow Flow of Summer
What if somehow you could know what days were the best ones to move your intentions and manifestations forward by doing more? And, in addition, what days were best to simply do less and, instead spend time reflecting and daydreaming (or better known as visualizing what you want more of in your life)? Would you change how you spend your time and energy to go with the flow more? Or would you dig your heels in and continue to push ahead without such guidance?
In the past, I came to believe that in order to be successful I had to keep “the pedal to the metal’ so to speak 24/7/365! With this belief, no matter what was going on, I pushed and I pushed hard. There were times when I felt like I was banging my head up against a brick wall and/or swimming against the tide it was so exhausting. I grew to believe that life was hard! When I was finally able to take a step back from the chaos, I began to notice small coincidences that would occur making my next step forward that much clearer and easier. When I began to express gratitude for those small coincidences, the size of the coincidences grew as did the frequency.
- Leave things behind. What might you consider letting go of if you knew it would take you to a new level of effectiveness, efficiency, ease, confidence and abundance? What if you learned that in order to gain something, you must leave something behind in order to make room for the new? During this Eclipse season, we are going to be asked to evaluate what no longer fits, whether it is clothes in our closets, people in our lives, or old beliefs. The first step is considering what you might want to let go of, raising your awareness to what is holding you back or down. The second step is simply to express what it is you decide you want to let go of, either writing it down or verbalizing it to the Universe. The third step might be visualizing what you want instead, to fill the void created by the release, which could be purely more space. Then all you need to do from this point is to follow the lead of the Universe as the coincidences begin to present themselves to you to assist you in making the change!
- Identify what does still fit. Reflecting on what no longer fits assists us in gaining clarity on what we want to keep in our lives as well. If we identify people around us that seem to bring us down when we gather and consider moving in a different direction without them in our lives, this effort will shine a light on those people that bring joy and comfort into our lives. Consider setting an intention during the month of July to spend time with those people, connecting on a deeper level and enjoying the ease of the relationship, sensing how the connection fans the flame within, providing you with more clarity, energy, and motivation once we pass through the Eclipse season.
- Trust in the cyclic nature of life. Remind yourself that this opportunity to move more slowly as you flow through this month will not last forever, so enjoy it while you can! See the planets that are slowing down their rotation giving you permission to do the same. View this time as an opportunity to look, listen, pay attention, and recalibrate your instrument (read your body and mind) to align more naturally with your soul’s calling. If you need a little reminder, consider spending time in nature, whether at the beach, or taking a hike in the forest, or rafting down a river, as Mother Earth demonstrates to us around every corner how letting go creates space for new growth!
- Start a new self-care habit. When the world starts to slow down around us, it seems to be beckoning us to consider taking better care of ourselves. When things are more on the move, we barely have time to think clearly none-the-less add something new to our plates. Have you always dreamed of taking piano or guitar lessons? How about singing or surfing lessons? Or trying a yoga or meditation class? Consider looking at your community summer school guide and signing up for a class. You might just surprise yourself at how much fun you have or at how much more ease you sense when you find a new groove to flow in!
- Embrace your spirituality. Now I’m not talking religion here, although if you participate in a formalized religion, it might be a natural place to start in seeking the meaning of life. When I think about spirituality, it takes on a more secular perspective in that I view it as a universal human experience that involves seeking our purpose and how fulfilling life feels when we offer our gifts to the world with an open heart and an intention of connection, embracing the meaning we make of our existence. Consider creating some time during this slow flow Eclipse season to reflect on your gifts, what you might be good at or what might bring you joy. It might include exploring your core values to ensure they still feel in alignment with how you are experiencing the world today. You might also revisit some of the significant challenges you have gone through and consider the take-aways from those challenges again, as they might have gathered some dust. Perhaps you write down your personal vision statement or, if you have written one in the past, you pull it out to review it – or revise it if it no longer resonates at your current vibration.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!