5 Intention-setting Ideas to Tap Into the Energy of the Total Solar Eclipse
“All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow.” ― Leo Tolstoy
The heightened energy impacts both the external environment and our internal environment. Solar eclipses occur at the new moon and new moons are a time to reflect on our goals and plant the seeds of our intentions, just like the Farmer’s Almanac recommends planting seeds in our gardens at the new moon to give them the best chance to grow. With the elevated level of energy from the total solar eclipse, our seeds will receive an extra boost from nature. So let this not-to-be-missed visual reminder help you gain clarity around what you want to manifest at this time.
- See the Total Picture. Take inspiration from this total solar eclipse to embrace both the light and the dark in our lives and our world. We often struggle with things that we can’t see, don’t understand, or are different than our values. However, if we open ourselves up to seeing another perspective, to seeking to understand before seeking to be understood, and to honoring our differences, we are expanding the light and shining it into the darkness.
- Live in the Moment. Our lives are so busy, with our culture pushing us to constantly multi-task to the point of exhaustion. Allow this total solar eclipse to create an opportunity to just stop for a moment, look up and notice the color of the sky while taking 3 long, deep breaths. It doesn’t have to wait until Monday – start today!
- Celebrate Nature’s Cycles. And although total solar eclipses are not an every day event, they do occur in a pattern. So let this one be a reminder to celebrate the cycles of nature and life. Maybe plan to light a candle at the time of the total solar eclipse and use the two to three minutes of darkness as a time to just BE, reflecting how interconnected life is.
- Don’t be afraid of the Dark. Many of us deny our shadow side due to fear. However, we all have a shadow side and we need to learn to lean into it, instead of trying to run from it. It is what makes us HUMAN! Maybe set an intention at the time of this total solar eclipse to find the courage to explore and embrace your shadow side. What you just might discover is the inner peace you have been searching for!
- Lighten Up! With the light of the world shining into the dark corners, now is the time to make sure no one or nothing tries to put your inner light out – it is needed more than ever! Let the total solar eclipse motivate you to plan to do something that fans the flame of your inner light and let it shine out like it has never done before!